Standard 8 – Online Shopping and Credit Cards
Standard 8: The student will describe and explain interest, credit cards, and online commerce.
- Compare costs and benefits of using credit cards and making online purchases (e.g., interest rates, fees, repayment schedules, and personal information protection)?
- Evaluate options for payments on credit cards (e.g., minimum payment, delayed payments, or payment in full).
Online Curriculum and Lesson Plans
Making $en$e: Financial Success for Oklahoma Students – Oklahoma State Department of Education | view now
- Module 8.1: More than Plastic
- Module 8.2: Shopping Online
It Just Adds Up | view now
- Lesson 14 – Consumer Credit
- Lesson 15 – Consumer Credit Cards
- Lesson 16 – Online Shopping
- Lesson 23 – Cellular Phone Service
The ABC's of Credit Cards -
“The ABCs of Credit Card Finance,” consisting of a student primer, Trainer’s Guide and PowerPoint Presentation. The program has a target audience of high school juniors, seniors and college freshmen and teaches students how to wisely choose and responsibly use a credit card. View now
Should I Use Cash or Credit? – EconEdLink | view now
Bingo Brown and the Language of Love – Money Management International | view now
Thirteen Ed Online
- Pay Credit When Credit is Due | view now
- The REAL Cost of College | view now
- Filling Empty Pockets: Borrowing, Loans, and Credit | view now
Council for Economic Education Lesson Plans
- Unit 3, Lesson 18 – Credit Management
Financial Fitness for Life, Bringing Home the Gold, (9-12), Teacher Guide
- Theme 4 – Spending and Credit Are Serious Business
- Lesson 11 – What Is Credit?
- Lesson 12 – Making Credit Choices
- Lesson 13 - Applying for Credit
- Lesson 14 – All About Interest
- Lesson 115 – Shopping for a Credit Card
Financial Fitness for Life, Shaping Up Your Financial Future, (6-8), Teacher Guide
- Theme 4 – Spending and Using Credit
- Lesson 12 – Cash or Credit?
- Lesson 13 – Establishing Credit
- Lesson 14 – Comparison Shopping