Standard 9 – Fraud and Identity Theft
Standard 9. The student will identify and explain consumer fraud and identify theft.
- Describe unfair, deceptive, or fraudulent business practices (e.g., pyramid schemes, bait and switch, and phishing).
- Describe ways to recognize and avoid identity theft (e.g., review monthly financial statements and annual credit reports; and protect personal information and online passwords).
- Describe methods to correct problems arising from identity theft and fraudulent business practices (e.g., contact national credit bureaus and local/state law enforcement agencies).
Online Curriculum and Lesson Plans
Making $en$e: Financial Success for Oklahoma Students – Oklahoma State Department of Education | view now
- Module 6.1: Beware! Consumer Fraud
- Module 2.3: Beware! Identity Theft
It Just Adds Up lessons | view now
- Lesson 17 – Protecting Your Identity
Council for Economic Education Lessons
Financial Fitness for Life, Bringing Home the Gold, (9-12) Teacher Guide
- Lesson 18 – Consumer Credit Protection
- Lesson 19 – Scams and Schemes